Monday, August 2, 2010

Yacky Yack.....

I hate to make two posts on the same day, but I’m in the mood to vent! Thanks, Dr Rice I like this assignment. I had a momentary thought of withdrawing from school last night. I started out with Cohort #1 and now those students are taking their comps. One of them called me and said she didn’t pass and was going to resubmit her paper. I frankly had no idea after all that time that it was possible to fail your comps. I wish we knew what they are looking for when the committee reviews these papers. I hate to be too basic, but give us a failing paper and then a good passing paper so we can compare the two. Does your advisor review your paper prior to it being submitted? I really just want to concentrate on completing my courses and then worry about comps and then worry about the prospectus and so on…. Too many things too worry about at one time!! My main focus is to come out of this with the ability to produce nurses that aren’t just patient care providers, but nurses that push the profession of nursing. I want to instill in them a yearning to be better. I graduated from an associate degree program in 1977. I never knew how exhilarating learning could be. After I had 3 children and had worked in hospitals for years, I had the chance to return to school. I don’t know why but I love school. Now if I could just turn that love into a money making machine I’d be o.k.

No comments: