Thursday, July 29, 2010

Student Issues

I was working on my student issues section of my online course development. I wanted to present to students the fun side of attending college- be it online or not. I approached the orientation module with friendly verbiage and the old adage try, try, again...but never give up. Online learning as well as, traditional learning can be daunting and frustrating to say the least. The more you ask questions, bond friendships, and verify understanding the better your chance at succeeding. Students need to realize that online learning is much different than traditional classroom so they need to prepare, to email classmates, meet up with any classmates that live in the same city with them, or whatever they need to do to have a successful experience. The student of today’s generation is much more capable of taking online classes and being successful than the older student like myself, yet slowly but surely I see myself taking another step forward in the process.

No comments: